Call for Volunteers is Now Open!
Please consider volunteering at the Buffalo Mini Maker Faire!
Click to Volunteer!
The Buffalo Mini Maker Faire is a full-blown WNY community festival that is entirely organized and run by volunteers. We rely on the skills, dedication, and enthusiasm of volunteers to ensure a fun time is had by everyone. We welcome volunteers aged 16 and older and encourage families and groups to volunteer together. You can work the time slot that fits your schedule, and meet great people at the same time!
Click Here to complete our simple volunteer form! https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/2019MakerVolunteer
Volunteering is also a great way to enjoy the Faire! And we will ensure you get your service hours. You’ll get a few perks too, including a free Buffalo Mini Maker Faire T-Shirt, free admission, and access to the Faire before and after public hours. It’s a wonderful chance to meet the awesome Makers, socialize and make a difference!
There are many ways that you can help make this fun family event a success! Signing up for shifts ensures our volunteers will get an opportunity to explore and enjoy the Faire.
“Day of ” volunteer opportunities
We are currently recruiting for:
- Set Up Crew – You could be setting up tables, putting up signs, working on stage set up, assisting Makers with their load-in.
- Maker & Volunteer Check-In – You’ll be on the front line, assisting Makers & Volunteers when they first arrive.
- Information Booth – Answer questions from the public regarding the Faire, the exhibits and their locations. Conduct exit surveys. May involve acting as a wandering info point throughout the venue. Must be very comfortable talking to strangers!
- Front Gate & Ticketing – You’ll be making that first impression with our guests, greeting them at the line up, confirming registration. Smiles, patience, and a sense of humour required!
- Happiness Crews – Happiness crews make sure the Volunteers, Makers, and Performers are well taken care of: being on hand to assist Makers, ensuring Performers know where to be at the right time and that they have what they need. People on the Maker Happiness Crew should be comfortable dealing with the public.
- Hands-On Activities –help run activities. You should definitely like working with kids of all ages, and you MUST like to have fun.
- Tear Down Crew – After the fun is over, there’s still work to be done! Assist Makers with load out, take down tables, stage equipment, wind cable, clean up.
Please send questions or comments to BuffaloMakerFaire@gmail.com.